This oceanfront property was originally one of a pair of adjacent houses designed by architect C.W. Dickey for the Alexander/Gerbode family in 1930. Latent in the significantly deteriorated existing house and site were a comfort in the sheltering roof form and a harmony between the expansive horizon of the ocean and the long house.
The new project scope included a renovated main house, a renovated storage structure for a future caretaker’s residence, and a new guest house and garage building with a total floor area of approximately 8,700 feet.
The restoration and new construction preserve the essential inherent qualities of the Dickey design while working in the spirit of that original to create a new contemporary design solution for the whole.